Dienstag, 20. August 2013

Rezi #54: Finding Kia by Airicka Phoenix

Und wieder eine englische Rezi, weil ich das Buch auf Englisch gelesen hab. Es tut mir leid! Ich werd versuchen mal wieder ein paar deutsche Bücher zu lesen. :D


I was given the ebook by the author herself for an honest review.

I can't believe how this book is ending... I mean... seriously Airicka?? x'D Now I have to wait for the second book and even an hour would seem too long to wait for...... :D
Here my opinion about the whole book.







>>>
“Maybe you should avoid me tonight.”
His arm slipped around my waist and I was drawn into his chest. “If I only have this one night with you, the last thing I’m going to do is stay away.”


Kia Valentines had always accepted the fact that she was a nerd, a nobody. It was a badge she wore with honor, until the day she saved Claudia DeLorenzo’s life and lost herself.
When offered the chance to shed her identity for a single night, Kia never believed it would change her life. It was one night. It meant nothing, or it shouldn't have. But that single night turned out to be her undoing when she finds passion in the arms of the one person she can never have.

Adam Chaves was more than just a gorgeous face, he made her laugh, but more importantly, when he looked at her, she felt like the most beautiful girl on earth. But Adam has no idea that Kia was the girl behind the mask and Kia has no intention of telling him. But a secret could only be kept if no one else knows about it. Claudia knows and she wants something Kia isn't willing to give in order to keep it.

Will Kia succumb? And just how far is Claudia willing to go to get what she wants?

<<< (goodreads blurb)


Cover
I LOVE that cover and it makes totally sense regarding the content. I mean I've read so many books where the cover just doesn't make a sense, but here it does! ♥ Wonderful!

Content
Finding Kia is kind of a Cinderella story, where I have to say that the Cinderella movie story book thingy isn't really mine, so I liked Cinderella not that much than other stories. But Finding Kia is soo wonderful and a new and modern telling about a smart clumsy idiot (xD) who's meeting her crush Adam at a party (where everyone has to wear a mask). The whole story is so sweet and awesome told I was just soaked into. Kia is so clumsy and she interprets every word of the people around her, that I could be her... actually Kia is me (joking.. xD but we have so much in common.. :D.. gosh.. xD even that clumsy thingy^^). :D I love how the tense of the story is increasing from page to page. I read FK on my phone.. and every once in a while I looked at the percentage of what is left for me to read...^^... I was worried at 80% (I though "NOOO.... NOT JUST 20%!!!!")... but I was so surprised on the last page.... Ö_o... I haven't realized while reading, how much I was reading and how fast I was going through the book in these last 20%.^^ The end came too fast... v_v''...
But it was sooo wonderful! ♥ I won't miss any word of that story.

Characters
Kia ~ Like I said... I'm totally like her. haha Clumsy, smart (hopefully ö_O'' haha) and additionally to that over-interpreting everyones words.. xD I adore her and she's a special place in my book heart! ♥ I want to read more of Kia soon! *0*
Adam ~ .... Adam..... Adam.... *sigh*... I have a new book boyfriend peeps!! ♥ He's so gorgeous and awesome and in my mind pretty sexy.. x-P I want to read more of him, too! ♥
Nessie ~ She's such a lovely person. I think every girl would love to her she as her best friend! <3 Me too. :D
Claudia ~ ........ I could punch that b*** right in her adorable snake face -_-''... She's making me a bit aggressive... have you noticed?^^ I don't like her...

Style of writing
I just flew to that book. I'm not speaking English as my mothertongue (so I gift you as many grammar mistakes as I can write xDD), but I've understood everything perfectly and like I wrote above I was soaked into the story. Not just because the story was wonderfully told (which is a great part :D), but it is also written in an awesome way. ♥

Conclusion
God... My heart is pounding, my breath goes sharp, because the last pages I just had to hold my breath.. xD
Airicka? I give Finding Kia 6 of 5 stars! (Just happened one time before!!! ♥)

1 Kommentar:

  1. awwwww!!! I love it! Thank you so much for the lovely review. I'm delighted you enjoyed it and will have book 2 up before you know it!! <3

    AntwortenLöschen

Ich freue mich immer über Kommentare! - Nur nicht schüchtern sein! ;)
I'm looking forward to comments, so don't be shy! ♥